Saturday, October 3, 2009

At the Farmer's Market

I was going on and on about how wonderful Fall is, and I stand by that!! But...one thing I am sad to see leave for the year is the Farmer's Market. It's really a great place for finding the produce that we weren't able to produce, and some craft pieces, as well. Unfortunately, I didn't go as often as I wanted.

But today was a glorious day, and I managed to wake up at a decent time (for Saturday, anyway), so we decided to stock up on some treats! And I am going to try to make it out there once more before it closes for the year.

Aside from sweet potatoes, turnips, acorn squash, and a little cucumber for sandwiches, I picked up a really lovely glass cabochon from Blue Swallowtail Studio. It wasn't attached to any kind of bale or chain, so I plan on wrapping it myself (I'll have pictures of the piece I bought later.) But even if you're not crafty with jewelry, I would highly recommend stopping by the BSS booth! There are some fabulous handmade jewelry pieces.

I didn't get as many photos as I wanted today, but here is a brief look at the Market.













2 comments:

  1. yay! i never wake up early enough on saturday to make it to our market. i really need to start working on that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I will miss the farmers market too. Although, I do not get to as many as I intend too. Yours has all sorts of goodies...

    ReplyDelete