Thursday, October 22, 2009

In the Craftlight: AmberLynnFoster




Please tell us a bit about yourself.


I am a 25 year old single mom, I am finishing a bachelors degree in art and psychology so when I graduate I kinda don't wanna work for anyone but myself. I am about to move into a mini mansion with my best friends and combine our family units to make one big commune style household. 4 adults and 4 kids.


What is your craft?


I knit mostly but have several other things I mess around with like taking a stab at needle felting ( oh I crack my self up!)


How and when did you get involved in it?


Knitting just since this summer but I love it. I have been sewing since before I could read... this and making homemade pastas were what my old Italian grandmother felt was necessary.


How would you describe your style?


Classic and always fashionable. I don't watch much tv and I only read Rolling Stone and Martha Stewart mags so I don't know what is going on. Etsy shops are my inspiration.


Who inspires you?


Etsy shops and my friends. They ask for some really awesome custom things that just knock you socks off.


What inspires you?


Nature and my son who is always picking up fun stuff for necklaces.


What are your favorite materials to work with?


Soft, luxe yarns.



Do you have any particular favorite pieces that you've created?


My fingerless gloves that I sell out in person so quickly I still haven't had a chance to list on Etsy. Oh and The Sheila Cowl... which hasn't been listed yet either but it is amazing!


Where can we find you online?


amberlynnfoster.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/amberlynnfoster

www.twitter.com/PimberKnits




No comments:

Post a Comment