Thursday, July 30, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
- Handmade by an artist/craftsperson (NOT including children in Bangladesh) :)
- Vintage, found in a thrift store, or second-hand.
- Made in the USA
- Shoes. If I need a new pair of shoes, they are probably going to come from a factory in China, as I don't have the funds to be buying a lot of handmade shoes...
- Underwear, especially bras, for the same reason as shoes. (Although, I do have a good mind to repurpose some stretchy t-shirts into some cute knickers!)
- Bellydance costuming items. While I do make most of my dance costumes, there are some things--usually the costuming components our teacher makes us buy for performances--that are made in what are, essentially, Egyptian sweatshops. I rarely buy these kinds of pieces anymore, though, unless, as I said, it's required.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
It's that time again--I am having another giveaway! The item up for grabs this week is a sweet little zipper clutch/pouch, handmade by me. It's called 'Anticipation'. Why? I don't know, it just seemed....right. This pouch is fully lined with a sturdy cotton ticking material, and the outside is a dark gray, with pink accents; vintage buttons, lace, and ruffly fabric. It measures approximately 7.75" x 4.5" I love it, and hope you do too!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I guess I am a bit like a mechanic who, even though he fixes cars for a living and has the know-how, drives a piece of junk. I can make fancy thangs for other people, but usually don't make them for myself. But I want to change this! Oh, and I will! Won't you join me now as I share some lovelies? :)
First up is cute vintage dress I found in a Newton thrift store a little while back. I don't know exactly how vintage it is, but I know it is! One of the many things I'd like to learn is how to "read" clothing tags. My friend knows how, but I am pretty much clueless where this is concerned. But the style and fabric makes me think '70s on this one...
The second fine garment I have today is a FOLK original (teehee...) I made it for the shop, but I cannot let it go!!! I will be sure to make more, because I am really thrilled with the design, but this is the prototype and I'm keeping it. (It looks better ON, but I was too lazy to put it on for the pic.)
Have a great week! I'll be posting later this week and might even have--*gasp!*--giveaway!