Today I was tagged in this blog post by the lovely Mandi of Red Planet! She has presented me with this beautiful blogger award, for which I am very grateful--not just because it's swell to win such a nice award from someone with an awesome blog, but also because it makes me get my butt in blogging gear, if only for this evening!
The object here is for me to give seven facts about myself...a seemingly easy task, but we'll see about that. So check out the trivia and then have a look at Mandi's blog if you haven't already (and if you already have, check it out again, it's definitely worth following!) She also has a great shop, Red Planet, which is currently in vacation mode due to her moving soon, but sign up to get the notification for when it re-opens!
1. Closet stats: I would say about 75% of my clothes are handmade. 8% are second-hand/goodwill finds...and the predominating colors are green, red, brown, and yellow. (Yes, I happen to be sitting in front my closet right now!)
2. I love beets, particularly when they're pickled. Apparently, this makes most people gag, but I think they are delicious!!! (Don't hate!)
3. I also think I Lady Gaga, which also makes some people gag. I might be completely in love with her if I wasn't so torn; on one hand, she is a little too crude for my taste...to put it nicely. But on the other hand, I think she's a real artist and knows how to put on performance. I think there's more to her than just dressing up "weird"...and I can't believe I just wrote that much about Lady GaGa. Wow.
4. I have bad handwriting. There have been different times in my life when I have tried to change it. I used to do "writing exercises" which I never kept up for too long. Now I just try to make sure it's legible.
5. I'm going gray. Sort of. I have dark brown/almost black hair, and when I was about 18 or so (I'm 26 now) I began getting a couple white hairs on the top of my head. I keep getting them, and in the last year or two it has become very noticeable. I am hoping it becomes a solid white streak someday soon!
6. I love bellydancing. I don't think I've blogged about this, but it's in my profile info, so maybe this doesn't count as an unknown fact!! But I'll elaborate anyway. Really, I like just about any kind of dancing. I haven't been taking classes now for a number of reasons which I won't go into right now, but I can't go too long without dancing, so a lot of it's done in my room. Hehe. But I think bellydance is particularly fun. Especially the costumes and music.
7. I have a lot of OCD-ish tendancies--some make sense, some don't. One that doesn't make sense is that water on the faucet or countertop creeps me out! If the bathroom counter has water on it and I touch it, I have to wipe it off of myself as soon as possible. Even when I know it's clean water. (But I also used to know a girl who couldn't touch used tape, so this isn't so bad, right? Right???)
And now I shall bequeath this award to:
(I know some of you've already received this, but heck, you deserve it again!)