Saturday, June 13, 2009

Butterfly Mobile

I have seen a couple different paper mobiles on Etsy--mobiles always fascinate me for some reason--cut from the pages of books.  I love the way this looks.  So, of course I had to try it for myself!  

I took a book I didn't care much for and the result is...well, it's not horrible, but it's not great.  I chose to make a butterfly mobile; I usually don't like butterfly motifs, but I sometimes do end up making butterflies in various pieces of art when I think it's appropriate...I thought this was appropriate! 

I think I know what I might do different next time.  And next time I post I'll tell you what I do different!  But anyway, it's kind of cute floating in the corner of my room.


PS--don't forget, it's not too late to enter the giveaway!  (See the last post).

3 comments:

  1. I think it is charming. The simplicity is what makes it so light ans airy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Very cute!!! I think I will make one this weekend for my guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so glad you like it! :) and so glad you are inspired to make one, EbonyRenee!!

    ReplyDelete