Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Potpourri

I think this blog is long overdue for some ramblin's.  So here's a bit of a summary for today's adventures/thoughts.


First off--I am trying to make some changes.  Actually, I shouldn't say I'm trying, I'm actually doing it.  Baby steps, of course; this ain't no braggery.  I'm not going to talk about the biggest change, because then I'd have to get into some very personal and boring stuff, so for simplicity's sake, let's just say I let go of a big grudge.  Really, truly, completely.  I am hoping this major change will allow for the good juju to flow throughout the other aspects of my life as well..


And I'm drinking more water. 


AND, tiny bit by tiny bit, I'm organizing, everything from the kitchen cupboards to my craft space.  Isn't it incredible how you can find, you know, stuff you own?!  So, instead of not knowing if I have something or not and just buying more, I can actually use what I already have.  Ingenious.

This is one of my favorite recycling/repurposing projects: the fused plastic bag.  Right now I'm making wallets with them.  (Hopefully I can get a tutorial up soon.)  I've made myself more than a few grocery totes from the fused plastic, and they are a wonderful alternative to not only the plastic bags, but also to the new reusable bags stores try to get you to buy.  



These lovely shorts will hopefully be up on my etsy store tomorrow!  I LOVE them.  I don't wear shorts because I never like the way they fit; but these, I love.  I'm going to make a pair of them for myself, shortly....(no pun intended, WINK!)  Oh, and they're made from hemp!  Awesome.



New toy: sewing awl from Harbor Freight.  I have no idea if it will be any good, but hey, it was only $2.99!  :)


This last little project is a baby sweater I'm making for a friend...and I'm afraid it's going to be the wrong size!  The pattern is for a 9 month old, which would be about right, but the yarn is just slightly larger than called for...also, I've never made a sweater before--stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. yay for everything! Grudges are no good :( but fused plastic bags are awesome! those shorts are too cute! Yay for sewing awls and cheap tools from harbor freight...and that sweater is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! When I'm not pregnant any more, I totally need a pair of those shorts! So cute!

    ReplyDelete