Friday, September 10, 2010

Sweater Adventure, Part 1

{very!} crude sketches of my idea...two sleeve lengths

I am going to knit my first cardigan. (Correction: first big person cardigan. I've made two for bebes.) I am calling this an adventure because I'm knitting it from my own half-baked "pattern," which isn't even written down completely. I'm mainly doing this because I couldn't find a pattern that was exactly what I wanted...so I'm taking my chances with my own construction skills! Eeeek!

Of course, I thought I would record its progress on here. I will try to keep you updated, even if it doesn't work out and I have to rip it all back (which I hope does not happen!)

But anyway, here's what I can tell you about it so far: the yarn is that lovely pink stuff I talked about last week. The style I'm envisioning is very simple but with a sort of vintage feel. Large buttons. Sort of a cropped length...or maybe not cropped, but definitely not long. Short or 3/4 length sleeves, depending on how much yarn I have--I may need to pick up more and pray they still have what I need at the yarn shop!


...and this is the bottom band of the back side

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm excited for you!! I can't wait to see how it turns out~

    ReplyDelete