Monday, July 26, 2010

Knitting a Scarf. And Stuff.

While I finish my Cap'n Crunch--yes, I know it's almost 11:00am, and yes, I know I'm not 5 years old--I thought I'd begin with the sharing some of the knit projects I'm working on.

This scarf is made with some cheap boucle from Joann's. It was only $2, what was I supposed to do? And just because it's not some fancy brand doesn't mean it's not just as soft and BEAUTIFULLY colored. It reminds me of the inside of an oyster shell, so it has that mermaid-y thing going on. I'm using the same lace pattern that I used for a shawl last year, because I like it, plus it's easy to remember and makes for good mindless knitting. It is a wide scarf. I'm not sure how long, but I won't stop until I run out of string.


This second picture is just a mini-swatch to see if I want to make some mittens out of some wool I spun myself. I plan on leaving them the natural off-white color and doing some floral embroidery for a whimsical, rustic folk look. I think they'll be adorable! (Of course I usually think that.)


No comments:

Post a Comment