Monday, June 29, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Yay! It's finally here! I have been thinking/talking about a giveaway for a while now, and I finally have something to offer my lovely and loyal readers.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
- Roses...well, roses are always beautiful. I love the scent of rose, especially this perfume.
- Handmade hair barrettes by me; perhaps these will end up as part of a giveaway? ;)
- I am loving lace, and I believe I have mentioned that by now. Some gorgeous vintage lace that was given to me by a church friend! I need to start making more bloomers...
- Ladybugs are not only lovely but beneficial to organic gardeners, as they eat unwanted pests. I love it when I see them in the garden.
- Embroidery floss from France: lovely, silky, and so brilliant! Just one of the many, many things on my want-to/need-to-do list.
- A flower from a friend...when I took out my watercolors the other day, I couldn't believe it had been 7 years...
- I have a bunch of thrift store sweaters just waiting to be washed, ripped, soaked again, wound into a ball and then knit into something totally different! I WILL get around to it some day!
- Geraniums have such a unique smell. The oil is good for a mosquito repellant, among many other things.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
I am soooo bad about updating! I can't say it's because I'm too busy; I'm in a bit of a creative rut. So I've been taking some time to do a bit of "housekeeping" where Folk is concerned...here is one of the fruits of that labor! I now have a facebook fan page. SO, if you're on facebook, become a fan!! :)
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
This evening I took up the old wool 'n' spindle,
and worked on the lovely, though slightly unimpressive, length of yarn
I've been working on since...um...January? Sure doesn't look like I've made a lot of progress.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make works of art like these,
but until then,
I'll just have to ogle the fiber on the internets!
Okay....this hasn't been made into yarn yet, but wouldn't it be gorgeous?? Maybe I'll treat myself...